Ahhhh… another year of Black Friday has officially come and gone. Like years past, I spent the day doing random acts of kindness in the midst of my shopping, looking for opportunities to bless others with kindness. Here’s a list of what I did!
1. I taped a dollar bill to a Matchbox car at Five Below so a child could purchase the car for free.
2. I blessed a stranger at Shoe Carnival with a $5 off coupon for the boots she was preparing to buy. She was thrilled with the unexpected surprise!
3. My cousin, Becky, works at our local JCPenney store, so I wanted to bless her with a random act of kindness, too (God bless ALL the retail workers on Black Friday!) I went to the store to find out when she was working, only to discover that her shift was almost over. Luckily, her awesome brother, Anthony, blessed her at midnight with a Frappuccino. He RAK’d her with a Frap! So funny!
JCPenney stores were doing their own random acts of kindness, tweeting out good deeds with the hashtag #JustGotJingled. They think I have a pretty amazing family, too!
4. While shopping at Target, I taped a Free Compliments sign to the inside of a restroom door. I also let someone go ahead of me in line.
5. While shopping at Claire’s, I saw this adorable little girl getting her ears pierced. What a milestone moment! I asked her mom if I could buy her a pair of earrings to celebrate the occasion. (Then I went and bought her two!)
When I paid for the earrings, I also donated $1 to St. Jude Children’s Hospital.
6. As I drove to a different mall and searched for a parking space, I passed up the close spot to bless someone else with a shorter walk.
7. After picking up one last gift, I left the mall to head home. Traffic was crowded, but I made sure to leave space and waved a truck through so they could enter the line. May not seem like much, but the people in the truck were all smiles!
8. I wrapped up my day by stopping by Starbucks and buying snowmen cookies for my kids and a latte for my husband. I then gave up my table so an older couple could have a place to sit.
#RAKFriday 2014 was a great success! If you did anything kind for someone today, comment below or tweet it to me @HCPSTinyTech. Be sure to include the tag #RAKFriday so we can have all the RAKs in one place.
I wish you a blessed holiday season! RAK on!
1 thought on “#RAKFriday 2014”
You are the best. I love ya and what a God moment to have us both there at the same time. You made Maddie’s day which in turn made this momma’s day. Thank you.